Friday, September 4, 2009

Old Behaviors

As of this writing I am back working regular hours at a regular job. It has been a good week. On my second day back when my break came I did think of a cigarette. It was something that I used to do. It was something that I thought relieved stress. However I did not give in and the thought passed pretty quickly. The work can be stressful, but at this point I can see that smoking would just add more stress. I would have to leave the building to smoke and go out into the parking lot into the designated smoking areas. My breaks are just 15 minutes and I know that I would be making my schedule adherence numbers drop. At this particular job I have smoked and not smoked back in 2007 and 2008. When smoking there was a time that I simply took more time than allotted and I am sure that I reeked of tobacco. A kind of nice thing happened at lunch a woman that I did not know said, " I am liking the smell of those peppers". I was having a Taco Salad with a topping of Jalapeno Peppers. If I were smoking she would have probably not smelled the peppers but the smell of tobacco that I usually smelled like.

No comments:

Post a Comment