Friday, September 25, 2009

My new smell

Today at work I think I got a roundabout compliment. I had pulled out the tube that my Comitt Lozenges are packaged in. My co-worker asked, "What is that"? I let her know that it is my cigarettes. That is what I call my lozenges that I use. She then replied, " That is why you smell like mocha". She should have said cappuccino. How many times in a week does one use the word cappuccino? Probably none. I asked would you rather I smell like cigarettes or cappuccino? Of course her answer was cappuccino.

It is the little things like that, that help to re affirm that I am doing the right thing by stopping smoking. Of course the added energy I feel throughout the day is another plus. I would have to also say that I am now able to use my time so much more efficiently as one may surmise. Cigarette smoking is such a ritual. I can now say that at times I will watch a person smoke now and can see that in most case it just doesn't look right. By that I mean it seems like an awkward struggle. I am sure that there were many times that I looked awkward smoking. Lastly I have to still keep in mind that I am not that far removed from that awkward struggle.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment