Sunday, January 10, 2010

6 months

Well it's a New Year and I did not have to make quitting smoking a "New Year's Resolution". I am grateful for that. However to be frank I of course have to make a re commitment to not smoking as I sometimes have to do on a daily basis. I still don't want to take not smoking for granted.

6 months is now my second longest time that I have quite smoking in my many attempts at stopping smoking. As I read about the process of not smoking. I am quite aware that for most people that stop smoking that it's not unusual to have stop several times before finally one becomes a non-smoker.

Several years back after I had stopped smoking for about 8 months I went and took some cardiovascular tests. Namely the stress test performed on the treadmill. Prior to taking the test I had paper work filled out for the test. One of the questions of course is "Are you a smoker"? I answered that I used to smoke, but had stopped 8 months ago. The woman administering the test informed me that I would still be considered a smoker until I had stopped for 1 year. A little FYI.

Well I had not yet posted in the New Year and wanted to post and wish everyone a Healthy, Happy New Year! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment