Saturday, January 16, 2010

Starting the New Year Right

I am grateful to be going into 2010 with having not smoked for a while. Hopefully the longer I go without smoking the more that my commitment will grow. As this point in time my lungs are cleared out pretty good. However to be frank I am still addicted to nicotine. By that I am saying that I am still doing the lozenges way past the suggested stop time. I have been using the lozenges for about 3 months longer than the recommended time. I can say that I don't feel guilty about this but will have to tackle this issue sometime. I am using the weaker of the 2 types of lozenges, the 2 milligrams.

As is to be expected on days that I don't have work scheduled is the days that I use more lozenges. I also like to pop a lozenge in my mouth when drinking a cup of coffee. Not recommended. I am so much less than perfect as we all are but much better than I was when smoking. I can also say that the lozenges are much less expense than smoking. I am not sure what a pack of cigarettes is at this time. When I quit I was paying about $5.50 per pack and was smoking about 3/4 of a pack a day. I was burning up approximately 28 dollars a week. I know that I spend less than that on lozenges especially since I am working 5 days a week and don't use many lozenges on a weekday.

Either way life is definitely much better without cigarettes. Peace all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment