Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter Smoking

Living in the midwest and being a smoker is a tough go. I see the folks where I work at having to dress to the hilt before they head outside to smoke. With the weather being so cold lately it makes it doubly tough to do this. A few years ago that was I. This time last year I was not working, but still smoking and had to endure this weather while trying to get some smoke in me. Wow what a hassle!


I am grateful that is not I this year. Looking back it seems like a prime way to get a cold. Of course it is sure hard to enjoy anything when one is cold. Breathing in the cold air and the smoke probably makes the health consequences that much worse. As I have said before "but for the grace of God there go I". Blogging this evening reminds me to not take newly found freedom from cigarettes for granted. Peace!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment