Friday, November 6, 2009

4 months

Feeling a little antsy this evening but that is okay. If not antsy the term would be energetic. I can say for sure some of it can be attributed to my increased energy as a result of not smoking. When smoking I was always aware how smoking zaps one's energy, especially as I got older.

As I do some reflecting I was once again able to see people smoking at my place of employment and how they were trying to get the smoke into their system. I guess that its kind of like one might take in food. Of course that is where the comparison stops with cigarettes being unhealthy. I could see the sense of urgency as one might eat with limited time, kind of a gulping.

As I was driving home from work I was thinking of a couple of my cousins that are social smokers, if there is such as thing. They can take it or leave it and would occasionally get a cigarette, from me when I was smoking and have one with me. They rarely had there own pack and were not at all concerned if they had cigarettes in their possession. Of course as I thought more I do realize as I have said many times before I don't smoke like that and will not try to kid myself. "One is to many and a thousand is not enough". Keeping that in mind I stopped daydreaming about the cigarette smoking and popped a lozenge in my mouth.

As always the simple act of blogging helps keep my commitment to this non-smoking thing. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment